SPS(Semiconductor Package Substrate)
It is a core part in semiconductor packaging process, which is a high density board of fine circuit that connects semiconductor's electrical signal to the mainboard.
It is used for automotive and various mobile devices that require high reliability.
- PBGA (Plastic Ball Grid Array)
- PBGA has the characteristics to connnect Chip to the Substrate and encapsulate it by plastic-type molding compound, place solder ball partly or entirely in lattice-shaped.
- PBGA has 2-4 layer substrate structure to have solder ball pad pitch 1.0~1.5㎜, solder ball counts ~1156, package size 13~40㎜. There could be some substrates that need impedance control depending on the Chip's characteristics.
- Fine pattern formation to bond on trace technology
- Substrate dimension stability to package on package
- Leadless plate design for interconnection
Description Mass Sample Patterning Line/Space MSAP 20/20 17/17 Subtractive 25/25 20/20 Drilling Via/Land PTH 75/175 75/140 Laser 65/105 50/85 BOM CTE=13ppm CTE=8ppm Tg=180 ℃ Tg=230 ~ 250 ℃ Nomal PSR Low Profile & High perf.
- Smart Mobile Devices, Notebook PC, video cameras, PLDs
- Microprocessors & controllers, ASICs, Gate Arrays, Memory, DSPs, PLDs